SENIOR FRIENDS FELLOWSHIP
The Senior Friends Fellowship exists for the purpose of providing Christ-centered activities addressing the spiritual, educational and social needs of men and women. It is our hope that those who attend this fellowship will also be involved in worship and learning at The First Baptist Church.
We do not “sponsor” a senior citizens group; rather we identify a diverse fellowship of men and women, age 50 and older, that have entered a different phase of life. Our fellowship is unique because of the variety of personalities and diversity. Ultimately, we derive our strength from Christ. This ministry allows us to work together to the glory of God.
We all share in the common need for salvation through Jesus Christ and the need to be valued, productive servants of Christ. Our objective is to integrate our gifts and energies for the benefit of the entire church family.
The Senior Friends Fellowship Ministry is:
- A ministry of CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP dependant on Jesus Christ.
- A ministry of CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGEMENT reinforcing the value of each individual to God and to the church family in accordance with the instruction of the Scriptures
- A ministry of CHRISTIAN FRIENDSHIP building positive, fulfilling relationships by following the servant example of Jesus.
- A ministry of CHRISTIAN COMPASSION providing physical, emotional, and spiritual support as led and strengthened by the Holy Spirit.
- A ministry of CHRISTIAN OUTREACH, not limiting our focus to members of the congregation, but responding to all people as we have the opportunity to share the love of Christ.
Senior Adult Visitation Ministry
As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, we have committed ourselves to encourage, serve and intercede for others. With humility and joy, we desire to be of comfort and loving support for those who have physical and spiritual needs.
This ministry is made up of volunteers who are paired off in teams of two. It is a unique ministry, in that each member derives their strength from God and each other, which allows us to work together, so that Christ may be glorified.
We, as a ministry, are committed to accomplish the following: Provide visitation to those who are in the hospital, homebound or residing in a nursing/assisted living or retirement facility. Provide Spiritual Needs. Present God’s plan of salvation to the unsaved. Share God’s word through Scripture and prayer. Bring comfort, encouragement and hope to those in need. (Gal. 6:10) Serve communion to those who have a personal relationship with the Lord, and have placed their trust in Him alone for their salvation. Deliver worship videos of the Sunday services as requested. Mentorship: Provide one-on-one instructional relationship experience for a Christian desiring more thorough Bible knowledge and spiritual growth. Provide Physical Needs and Meet the transportation needs of seniors for: Doctors appointments, Hospital visits, Physical therapy, Spouse visitation (if hospitalized), Provide social and emotional support.
SENIOR FELLOWSHIP LUNCHEONS
- Build a healthy 50+ ministry by providing a program of food, fun, and fellowship that appeals to seniors age 50 and older.
- Provide a strong outreach to un-churched seniors in our community.
- Assure that a progressive leadership team from our church is in place to plan, develop and operate this ministry, and promote input from our pastors.
- Provide potluck luncheons that are usually held on the 2nd Thursday of each month -October through May at 12:00 noon. Lunch is followed with a program of humor, music and devotions.
- Provide special luncheons for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and Memorial Day, as well as other events throughout the season.
Dates and times of events are published in the Sunday bulletin and in the White Spire
Newsletter. (603) 926-3724 x 201
Contact Person: Al Gagnon 474-3260